Sunday 11 September 2011

Time for a Change

It's been about a month now that I've been writing this blog, and (as I do with my bedroom and writing room) I feel it's time for a bit of an image change - I get easily bored!  You'll get used to this as, every now and then, I'll change the background, images and text colours to suit my mood and the atmosphere I want to convey.  I do it all the time with my laptop wallpaper - though this is particularly for inspiration when I'm working on a piece.  In my job, the Accessories department is mine and I get to play with pretty colours and pleasing patterns when merchandising the new stock - and this design-ness is one of my favourite things to do!
This past week has been a busy blur - I've felt drained and tired; been disappointed and flattened as the writing course I'd enrolled on has been cancelled due to low numbers (though there is a possibility of the tutor running a smaller course sometime in autumn - but we'll have to see what happens); felt no creativity or motivation with regards to my problematic poem; BUT the week ended with a great night out last night - so thanks to my fab friend Jess and all her girls on her hen do, who taught me that karaoke isn't as scary as I'd thought (but it is bad - I CAN'T sing!!).  I discovered a new, delicious cocktail ('New Yorker' = Jack Daniels, grenadine, sugar syrup and a dash of lime - mm mmm!), and found that being a pirate is mucho fun...!

This week is my holiday from work, so I'm going to rest, relax and enjoy.  As we're supposed to be having the tail-end of hurricane winds tomorrow (we'll see!), I'm going to brew a pot of tea, break open the Hob Nobs and snuggle down with my new book, 'The Distant Hours' by Kate Morton - well cosy!  At some point this week, when fiestiness is upon me, I'm going to tackle that pesky poem and wrangle it into a decent piece.

So here's to a good week - enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for popping by the Pen Pot and leaving a comment - it's appreciated.