Thursday 29 November 2012

WOYWW 182 - Belated!

This is a belated post - oops - hoping to grab those snoopers still looking at the (long!) list over at fabulous host Julia's Stamping Ground, and inviting (er, begging!) you to browse my workdesk. WOYWW-ing on the actual Wednesday was my intention...but unfortunately, it didn't come to fruition, so here I am today.

Such a terrible timekeeper am I, that I'm belated in two other things: paying homage to a fab craft weekend the other week, and welcoming a few new followers. My desk today addresses the first of these: my own creations from the Crafty Boots Design Team meet-up a fortnight ago, where I accompanied (er, tagged along with...) my good friend Zoe, who is one of the wonders of said team. I must say a huge thanks to all the lovely people I met; everyone was friendly, fun and generous in sharing their own craft and top tips. Special thanks go to Stephanie-Emma for organising the whole shebang, to Gabrielle for the book-cover workshop in which I managed this...

 
Your eyes do not deceive you - it isn't finished...yet! Though the idea was to create a kind of souvenir book to house the projects we completed on the day, I loved it so much I want to make it into a poetry chapbook of my work this year - so that's the plan, now I just need the time!
 
 
...and to Bev, whose workshop showed us how to make a felt flower brooch:


I really enjoyed this one, and happily hand-sewed while everyone else waited for a turn at the sewing machine! From Bev's tub of pretties, I chose a dewberry cluster (probably rescued from a broken necklace) rather than a button or some sparkles, and now I just need to find (or buy!) the right handbag to attach it to... 
 
It was a great weekend, and I really enjoyed learning new techniques...as well as confirming that I don't like being messy! Since then, though, I've bought inks and done some stamping (for a Christmas present that I can't share - yet - as the friend in question sometimes looks on my blog!), so you're all rubbing off on me, after all!
 
Before I sneak off to nose at your wonderful WOYWW desks, I want to thank my new followers - I've been rather blog-shy these past few months, so imagine my surprise and delight to log on today and notice you! Many thanks for joining the Pen Pot and I hope you enjoy/chuckle at my mad ramblings.
 
Right then, the teapot is brewing and the day is all mine...let me get my snoop on!
 



7 comments:

  1. Hello! Fancy seeing you here! Ha ha. Alls looking good and I love that you're going to use the book covers for poetry. Must sort a crafty get together so I can show you distress blending properly and see if we can finish off anything you need doing. Oooh can't wait to see what you've been stamping! Take care lovely Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely flower! A good start to the covers...love the colors! Happy late WOYWW! Nan 114

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thrilled you enjoyed the book covers and even more thrilled to have met you! Glad you bought some stamps and had a go - there's lots of stamping techniques which don't involve getting messy - I just need to find them...!!! Much love and hope to see you soon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it's about time you blogged this!!! That flower looked so good in the flesh, and I hope you get your book done soon - make sure you share.... Helen, 8 and your neighbour in the messy painty day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deb,

    Looks like you had a great time! The flower looks amazing. Thanks for visiting me already. I'm slowly getting around to visiting desks.

    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the felt flower brooch! Was wondering if anyone else is having this problem. I just left my Ipad, because If I make a spelling error in a comment and backspace I can no longer type. So I went to my Windows 7 machine, and guess what, I did not use the backspace, and it "froze" here to. I had to hit F5 to refresh and start all over again. I hate computer problems...yeck! But love your felt flower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a fabulous time! I find sewing by hand to be very relaxing (as long as I'm not under a time crunch). Your flower is lovely : D. The book covers are lovely as well. So many crafts and so little time lol. Thanks for visiting me earlier in the week. Belated happy WOYWW! #110.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by the Pen Pot and leaving a comment - it's appreciated.