(Picture found on Pinterest - credit unknown)
Reflection: 2014 Pats-on-the-Back
- Craft continued - shared over making cards and scrapbook pages, and sewing a footstool, toaster cover and a phone charger bag.
- Cupcake baking begun and, if I do say so myself (!), aced:
- Ebony welcomed home and settled in:
- 44 books read - while writing...
- 70, 295 words of Novel Number Two (that's 70,295 words everybody - whoop, whoop!) - which equates to 15 chapters (and, when added to 2013's chapters, makes 32 completed ones...)
Redirection: 2015 Get-Goings
- Admit I need to rest and relax when I get in from work, BUT don't slump in front of the TV all evening...
- ...so, at 9 p.m., used my second-wind (I'm a definite owl, you see, not a lark) to get an hour or two of writing/planning/crafting done.
- Continue crafting, sewing and baking.
Finish the two chapters-on-the-go by the end of this week (Sunday 11th).Achieved by Sat 10th!
- Write the (estimated) remaining 5 chapters by the end of February, which will complete the entire first draft.
- Leave Novel Number Two ALONE for 3 months...
- ...and do other things!
- Begin editing NNT after these 3 months, so (hopefully!) from 1st June.
- Research agents to submit to.
- Write covering letter and synopsis.
- Submit by the end of summer/beginning autumn.
- Start the next book...!
I could (probably should!) add in 'Go for a walk every day', 'Lose the million of stones you're overweight by' and 'Actually get your hair trimmed every three months' - but I know I won't do any of these, and pressuring myself will only make me dour and doubtful. Much better, instead, to focus on making the most of what I can do, and leave room for a little spontaneity (which may turn in to walking, dieting or hair consideration...well, I can try for optimism too, right?!)
Whatever reflections and redirections you have, I wish you all the best with them.
~ ttfn ~